Official Instagram account

Instagram

Saturday, October 22, 2016

KL Butterfly Park - the most underrated park/garden in Kuala Lumpur

A few weeks back, I went to KL Butterfly Park. At first i was a bit skeptical (typical Malaysian) on how this place well-being (especially maintenance). Eventually i pushed myself to visit (with a very low expectation. Well, i didn't expect anything at all). 

I walked under the hot sunny day from the Kuala Lumpur Old Station, it takes about 15 minutes to reach and I am quite surprised that along the way to the park, the sidewalk is pretty damn good and safe too. 



I actually walk through Jalan Cenderasari and it is less than 1 km. 

Upon arrival, I purchased the entrance ticket (RM 11.00 for Malaysian Adult). It is cheap compared to other Butterfly Parks outside Malaysia, then the staff will guide you through the small alley at the back and once I entered, I am quite amazed! Really. It is full of flying butters! (hah) and do you know that KL Butterfly Park is the largest butterfly garden in the world? I mean i myself did know that, but from what i saw it is huge. Below are some of the introductions about this place.

The entrance

Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park is a veritable secret paradise where butterflies actually dance nonchalantly in clumps of fern amidst scented beautiful flowers and flowering vines.
From the words of the internationally renowned programme- Discovery Channel ,
in an interview and broadcasted to over 200 million viewers worldwide, it says “of all the butterfly parks in the world, none can compare with this one”. 
This is the largest butterfly garden in the world spanning over 80,000 sq ft of landscaped garden with over 5,000 live butterflies, exotic plants, butterfly-host plants and ferns. Other attractions are Japanese koi fish, fresh water turtles, live insects and a museum with a large collection of butterflies and insects from around the world.
As a photographer myself, I am over joyful to see so many kinds of butterfly roaming around freely, I can spend hours inside (literally).

Can you imagine this place? It's huge and green too! Best place to play tapuk-tapuk (hide and seek) :p

I have Eden Garden vibe here. Maybe i if i look hard enough i can find Eve here. They really take a very good care of the garden, I saw no rubbish or any broken things around (If you are Malaysian, then you know what I talked about.) Oh but one thing in particular that is happening everywhere, the poorly maintained toilet/washroom. 

Put that aside, please enjoy some of my photographs, the rest you can look on my photography blog HERE















Not convinced yet? Come on, people from all over the world come here just to see this, we have to support our local attraction.

I spend almost three hours in the park alone. ALONE! Sound crazy, but time does fly really fast. See how amazed i am? They also have a gallery where you can see the how they process of metamorphosis happen, a mini display of small insects that is can be found mainly in tropical jungle, a cafe and a souvenir shop.

So what is the verdict? I definitely recommend you guys to visit, especially those Lepidotera / Lepidoterist (a person who is studying about butterflies). A this place also good to bring your kids it an edutainment and fun! Do not worry about the hot weather it is covered and quite chill (maybe because during my visit it was after the rain).

 The sidewalk is safe and well-maintained.


 You won't get lost as signboards is everywhere. If you do, ask local they are helpful

 I actually bought Soya drinks twice at this stall (first, on my way to the park and again on my way back. Can't help myself as it is very nice.

RM 2.00 per cup. Whenever i had my soya drinks i always ordered with palm sugar (gula melaka)

Hope you guys enjoy my posting. If you have notice my blog has been inconsistently update, it is due to my time constraints, I barely have any time to update.

I also have created instagram account and facebook page dedicated for this blog. Please do follow.

Some information that you might need. Not advance booking needed.

Address
Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park,
Jalan Cenderasari,
Taman Tasik Perdana,
Kuala Lumpur,
50480 Malaysia.
   
Tel:  603-26934799
        603-26934907
Fax: 603-26937066
Email: info@klbutterflypark.com
   
Opening Hours
Open daily from 9:00am - 6:00 p.m.
   
Admission Fee
Adult                         : RM 22
Children (2-11 years) : RM 11
Video Camera           : RM 4
Note: Tripods are not allowed in the park

 Malaysian Citizen
Adult (MyKad)        : RM 11
Child (MyKid) 2-11 yrs : RM 6
Family of Malaysian Citizen
(2 Adults + 3 Children) : RM 34
Note: Identification needed 


Travel Blog Mention

Kuaby - Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park Travel Guide
For more additional info, you can check Wayne's blog about KL Butterfly Park with a comprehensive, much details about this park. Go and check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...